Welcome

Hi! I'm Missy Wilreker, and welcome to this new place for me to write and express. Thank you so much for reading and for your interest in what I write. This is a new endeavor for me, so let's see how it goes!

I was at Women Drummer's International - Born To Drum Camp 2011 and wandered into the "Writing as Ritual" class led by Odilia in the Spirit Lodge. Little did I know that the quick poems I wrote that afternoon, I would end up reading on stage at the open mic to such an ENTHUSIASTIC reception!

So many people encouraged me to continue writing and it FELT SO DARNED GOOD I am inspired to continue this adventure.

Feel free to comment on the poems, or give "prompt" suggestions to write upon as I am always awake and listening for what might inspire a flow of words and feelings.


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Inspiring Poem

So, here is the poem that is now this blog's namesake:

Spirit has brought me to this place once again.
A crossroads of being, of "Who am I"?
Between the sun and moon, ocean, lagoon.
A moment of stillness before the everflowing,
evercycling changes move again.

What does the sun say as he sets,
his warmth slowly fading from skin into the redness of twilight?

Be brilliant to the very last moment.
End your time playing, dancing, laughing and full.
I will return again.......and again......and again.

Oh, fullness of moon, push and pull in deep reflection
of the red-pink warmth that was the day.
Her waves never cease to wash over me,
spanning time, geography, and all preconceptions of I and you.

Oneness in her depths as the clear lunar light dances on the surface,
reminding to dive deeper.
The stillness of night in the deep.
What do I discover beneath the water's movement?

The one of all, being in the center of cycling,
circling, criss-crossing magical skies.
Planetary movement around, under my feet and within.

Yes, it is all one.

Each star twinkling above,
the backdrop to the sway of the dark silhouetted palm tree.
Sand grains between the toes of life.
Kisses from the light breeze caressing my skin.

Dawn arises from this deep night,
and we continue to begin again,
together.

Spirit has brought me to this place once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment