Welcome

Hi! I'm Missy Wilreker, and welcome to this new place for me to write and express. Thank you so much for reading and for your interest in what I write. This is a new endeavor for me, so let's see how it goes!

I was at Women Drummer's International - Born To Drum Camp 2011 and wandered into the "Writing as Ritual" class led by Odilia in the Spirit Lodge. Little did I know that the quick poems I wrote that afternoon, I would end up reading on stage at the open mic to such an ENTHUSIASTIC reception!

So many people encouraged me to continue writing and it FELT SO DARNED GOOD I am inspired to continue this adventure.

Feel free to comment on the poems, or give "prompt" suggestions to write upon as I am always awake and listening for what might inspire a flow of words and feelings.


Monday, August 6, 2012

Ruminations Upon Sipping Tea - a Collection of poems

Harmony
on bird's wings
delicate balance
the body and
all its parts
created by the divine
to work together.
creating a whole.
a building with solid
foundation
so that it may stand tall
on its own.
the systems one within
another
intertwined
precise

Respect
Oh, Grandmother moon,
spirit, child
I am humbled at
your feet
of divine wisdom
knowing
of the all of the all
of all.
I honor you,
your guidance
shines as a light.
Your wisdom never falters
if only I can see
and understand
the far-reaching view
of
your perspective.

Purity
The whispers of smoke
rising
from the
gently curling leaf
of beloved sage.
Cleansing of my spirit
one small taste
wafting
in my nose
and my soul knows
its release.
I am here.

Tranquility
Stillness and
the space between
each tick tock
of the clock
a mere second
that is the vastness of
space
and
time.
The placid lake
smooth as glass
yet undisturbed surface
brimming with life
beneath.
Isn't that each of us?

Acceptance of the Insufficient
There is a relief that comes
like a breath of fresh air
in the moment of accepting
what is
as
what is.
The tension can disipate.
And the struggle inside
to be something else
finds
its end.
And yet,
I wonder
how do we evolve
and grow
and change
within the safety of
acceptance?
Perhaps, it is not acceptance
that simplicity
brings forth
but rather
PRESENCE
with what is
just
as it is.
The ceremony
of smell, taste, touch,
Thought and space
brings to life the
everything of any
moment.
It makes me pause
and lean in to
the experience
of now.
And in this now
and this now
and now,
this now.
There is a relief
from judgement.



(Tea Mind, Writing Mind workshop with Chris Malcomb, 8/4/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment