Welcome

Hi! I'm Missy Wilreker, and welcome to this new place for me to write and express. Thank you so much for reading and for your interest in what I write. This is a new endeavor for me, so let's see how it goes!

I was at Women Drummer's International - Born To Drum Camp 2011 and wandered into the "Writing as Ritual" class led by Odilia in the Spirit Lodge. Little did I know that the quick poems I wrote that afternoon, I would end up reading on stage at the open mic to such an ENTHUSIASTIC reception!

So many people encouraged me to continue writing and it FELT SO DARNED GOOD I am inspired to continue this adventure.

Feel free to comment on the poems, or give "prompt" suggestions to write upon as I am always awake and listening for what might inspire a flow of words and feelings.


Monday, June 23, 2014

Sweet Embrace of Freedom


Sweet embrace of the
warm waters
Both holding me safe and
Cleansing my soul.

Floating, in the open
abyss
between earth & stars,
space of all space.

Feeling the time slowly
arriving with
the rise of the heavy moon,
just one day past
her fullness.

And, suddenly
the anchor to
this layer of my being
feels
heavy.
Shackles hold a
ten-years-ago
self
in place.
Numbing the 'now' self
so she
can't be seen.

NO!
NO longer,
it is time to
unlock the key,
the connection holding onto
me  so
strongly.
It take force
of will and
strength of heart.
My soul screaming from
the inside,
"Let me go already!"

Tears of relief mixed
with sadness at
the loss
of what once was love.
Strength of
shear power to let go
of this pure love that
now weighs
me down where
once,
she had set me free.

And the weight...
she's gone.

I open my eyes
to the Beyond
the Beyond reflected
in the pulsating tides
of Mother Moon.
Her light penetrates,
breaking free
the crackling skin
of my old being.

Her light enters my
soul and bursts
forth.
Ripping, tearing, shredding
all that still remains
of the now dead skin.
The serpent shakes off the
old layer,
shuddering at the sensitive,
vulnerable
newness
that now shows through.
A deep breath.
Freedom.
Unleashed
light and wild.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Missy, It took me a while to find the site, and now that I'm here, I want to read all the poems. I've bookmarked and will return here often. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Sage :) I'm sure a good number of these poems will be familiar to you as I've read many of them to you over the years ;) ~Missy

      Delete