Welcome

Hi! I'm Missy Wilreker, and welcome to this new place for me to write and express. Thank you so much for reading and for your interest in what I write. This is a new endeavor for me, so let's see how it goes!

I was at Women Drummer's International - Born To Drum Camp 2011 and wandered into the "Writing as Ritual" class led by Odilia in the Spirit Lodge. Little did I know that the quick poems I wrote that afternoon, I would end up reading on stage at the open mic to such an ENTHUSIASTIC reception!

So many people encouraged me to continue writing and it FELT SO DARNED GOOD I am inspired to continue this adventure.

Feel free to comment on the poems, or give "prompt" suggestions to write upon as I am always awake and listening for what might inspire a flow of words and feelings.


Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Seeing You

I see you.
All the parts.
Even the ones you
don't think you show.
I feel
I hear
your soul
talking to me
revealing
the essence of
who you are.

I see it.
In your eyes.
In the way you wrinkle up
your face.
How you hold your body...
it tells me of
the lives you've walked.
Your smile reveals
the mischief you hide
just under the surface
of
intense serious
thought.

Once in a while,
I glance a crack
in the veneer.
A sideways glance or,
unexpected laughter.
The light peeks out
and warms my skin.
My heart
cracks the joy on my
face too.

I hear your heart.
Not just the thumpity-thump
when my head lies on
your chest.
I hear the deep parts that
only can be expressed
through your body, your
music, your quiet
between the lines of
thought.

And, here's the funny thing:
I know you put on the
masks, the layers
to hide those bits.
Afraid to scare me,
or the world.
But, really,
We need more of your
light.
All of it.
Your Spirit.
Your Joy.
Your Heart.
I want to hear you
infuse my body,
my cells,
with all of who
you are
because,
I see you anyway. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful and spiritual poem. It speaks to me....I would love to post one of your poems on my blog...mysistahsaredoingit.wordpress.com. I love it. Beverly Jones-Durr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beverly,
      Thank you so much! I would love for you to post one on your blog! Let me know on Facebook when you do so I can share you blog with my peeps! ~Missy

      Delete