Welcome

Hi! I'm Missy Wilreker, and welcome to this new place for me to write and express. Thank you so much for reading and for your interest in what I write. This is a new endeavor for me, so let's see how it goes!

I was at Women Drummer's International - Born To Drum Camp 2011 and wandered into the "Writing as Ritual" class led by Odilia in the Spirit Lodge. Little did I know that the quick poems I wrote that afternoon, I would end up reading on stage at the open mic to such an ENTHUSIASTIC reception!

So many people encouraged me to continue writing and it FELT SO DARNED GOOD I am inspired to continue this adventure.

Feel free to comment on the poems, or give "prompt" suggestions to write upon as I am always awake and listening for what might inspire a flow of words and feelings.


Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Calling Forth

I am being called forth
just outside my reach.
You, Spirit, are waiting
for me.
And I,
I can see you in the distance
through the clouded veils
of my own perceptions.

If I just reach out
my hand
maybe I can touch you.
Just one fingertip
of desire
through the murkiness that
clouds my vision.

I see you out there.
Waiting and wondering.
While I
pace on the inside.
And, the whole time,
I think I am the one
waiting for You
with my longing.

You, Spirit, call me forth
to take that first step.
You,
who see me as
I can't always see myself.
You,
who knows all possibility
that is available
for my creation.
You, Spirit.
That thing that is greater than me
and is still a deep and profound piece
of myself.

I see separation
and you know that illusion
well.
You,
who waits for my vision
to clear.
For me
to step out knowing
that my step towards,
is really an adventure deeper within.

I am being called forth.
I see you, Spirit.
In the eyes of every being
around me
That sparkle
and twinkle in their smile.
They are in the download
of
your knowing,
waiting.
A breath that is held.

What do I choose?
To make you wait?
To wonder myself
what could happen next?
The suspense

and tension
of the entire universe wondering
what I will do.
Turning blue,
with
anticipation.

I know,
I may give up
on myself.
But You,
you are there,
waiting.
Ready.

Ready to burst
in celebration
with welcome arms.
And even though from here,
I feel as alone as one
can be,
There is a memory
of times when you
were there.
I've been caught
and held
over and over
again and again.

Thus, it must be so.
You, are waiting for me.
With your embrace.
I am being called forth.



(MBC 1111 Breakthrough.  "In dreams and in life, nothing is impossible" 11/18/11-11/20/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment