Welcome

Hi! I'm Missy Wilreker, and welcome to this new place for me to write and express. Thank you so much for reading and for your interest in what I write. This is a new endeavor for me, so let's see how it goes!

I was at Women Drummer's International - Born To Drum Camp 2011 and wandered into the "Writing as Ritual" class led by Odilia in the Spirit Lodge. Little did I know that the quick poems I wrote that afternoon, I would end up reading on stage at the open mic to such an ENTHUSIASTIC reception!

So many people encouraged me to continue writing and it FELT SO DARNED GOOD I am inspired to continue this adventure.

Feel free to comment on the poems, or give "prompt" suggestions to write upon as I am always awake and listening for what might inspire a flow of words and feelings.


Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Vision: Spirit Enlightened Ambition Changing the World

Spirit has been waiting for me.

She dances around playfully
with her all-knowing look.
"Glad you decided to stop by,"
she says,
"Now, are you ready
to wake back up
and pay attention?"

I know.
Almost ashamed.
I have not talked to her,
visited her in the stars,
sat by her side
in sacred ceremony
for sometime, now.

I know.
We have not danced together,
or held each other's hands
through the chaos and pain.

I know.
The cycles,
they ebb and flow
and now,
its time to return again.
Time to step through the veils
and see
what I've been hiding from
through all these
layers
and masks.

I know.
I feel it in my bones
and body.
Change must happen.
It's time
to open my ears
open my heart
open my arms
in sacred welcome
of Spirit.

I'm the one who makes
change in the world,
hand in hand,
heart to heart
with Her.
Allowing She
that flows
through me
to be One
in each step
I take forward.

Spirit has been waiting for me.
To wake up and smell the coffee.
(or Her earthy, musty
refreshing scent)
as the case may be.

And when I breather Her in,
filling my nose,
my mouth,
my lungs...
I am full.
And, somehow there is still always room
for more.
Her fullness reminds me
that,
like my breath
she is always there.
Even when I forget to be mindful of Her.
And every time my attention returns
to Her
I receive new gifts of life.

Spirit,
she has been really waiting for me.
To walk beside me
when I am ready to allow
her enlightenment
to be the inspiration
of my ambition.
And,
together,
We can change the world.


(NYE, 2011-2012, thank you, Grandmothers)

1 comment: