Welcome

Hi! I'm Missy Wilreker, and welcome to this new place for me to write and express. Thank you so much for reading and for your interest in what I write. This is a new endeavor for me, so let's see how it goes!

I was at Women Drummer's International - Born To Drum Camp 2011 and wandered into the "Writing as Ritual" class led by Odilia in the Spirit Lodge. Little did I know that the quick poems I wrote that afternoon, I would end up reading on stage at the open mic to such an ENTHUSIASTIC reception!

So many people encouraged me to continue writing and it FELT SO DARNED GOOD I am inspired to continue this adventure.

Feel free to comment on the poems, or give "prompt" suggestions to write upon as I am always awake and listening for what might inspire a flow of words and feelings.


Saturday, December 15, 2012

Wanting

Just me,
the cat,
and a pile of pillows.
I lay alone in bed
tonight.

Missing you.

Even on this hot
sweaty
night
when I throw the sheets
off,
and would probably
toss and turn
uncomfortable from your
added warmth--
I want your arms
around me
anyway.
Wrapped in your cocoon of
loving safety;
protection
from the city noise
just outside the window.

I want those moments
when you pull
my hair
hard
and make me look
eyes open
while you ferociously
kiss me.
The times when
you caress my curves with
your gaze
and relish our pleasure
gently touching
my skin.

Alone at night
it's hard to feel
that htere can be a time
where
I'll  have that again.
A comfortable knowing
ease of being
mixed with a little
impish play on occasion.

I heard a song one night...
it started with
"You're so delicious"
and,
you are.
Longing for that time
when you'd hold me again.

It's not to come
and instead,
I'm here,
me and the cat,
sprawled on the bed
wanting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment